Our business plan
Purpose: Improving Public Health outcomes for Pakistan.
- By providing direct and specific public health consultancy covering all four domains of Public Health:
- Health Protection: Hep C and infection control
- Health Promotion: Diabetes, Cancer prevention and early detection, smoking, maternal and infant mortality/nutrition
- Healthcare improvement: Quality and regulation, Capacity building, leadership and management training, primary care/prevention models
- Health Intelligence: cancer and other chronic diseases registries, quality observatories
- By partnering with others
- By commissioning others
We have a three year costed business plan covering all three work streams. Funding to support this visit has been secured from the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission.
Working with the North of Pakistan, Punjab and KPK
The goals of any organisation working with partners overseas must reflect the national priorities of the country concerned. From the outset, N2N has involved colleagues in NWFP in its plans and discussions to ensure that there is joint ownership of the business plan. All monitoring and evaluation is based on indicators already in use in Pakistan.
By working in partnership with KPK and Punjab, we can also contribute to a global health strategy that emphasises global security, stronger and fairer systems to deliver health and strengthening the use of evidence to improve policy and practice
Funding and sustainability
N2N has received financial support from a number of sources, including NHS Yorkshire and the Humber (the Strategic Health Authority for the region), the BMA Humanitarian Fund, the Tropical Heath and Education Trust, and the Commonwealth Scholarships Commission. Potential sources of funding are kept under regular review.
North to North Health Partnership is a registered charity (Charity number 1123805)